State Updates on COVID-19 and Pandemic Relief
Local Eviction Protections
Resources for California Schools
- CalFresh – Food benefits for people who have low-incomes. Find out if you are eligible here.
- Pandemic EBT - Food benefits for low-income families with children.
- WIC - Food benefits for children under 5 years old and for pregnant people, lactating parents, and foster parents with children less than 6 weeks old.
- Universal School Meals – All TK & PreK-12 students attending a California public school now have access to at least two free meals a day at their school.
Support for Families with Children
- CalWORKs - Cash aid for low income people with dependent minors.
- Childcare Assistance – Free child care provider referrals in your area with connections to child care fee waivers and subsidies to help pay for all or some of the costs for child care in a location of the parent's choice while the parent is working, in job training, going to college or seeking employment.
- Afterschool Programs – Care for children before or after school for free or minimal costs. These programs are usually on or near the school campus.
- Medi-Cal or Covered California – These programs offer free or low-cost health insurance to people with incomes and assets that qualify.
- Community Clinics – In Alameda and Contra Costa counties, you can receive free or low-cost health services at a community clinic.
- Test the People offers free COVID-19 tests throughout the Bay Area.
- MyBenefits CalWIN – This service helps you apply for all the cash, food and Medi-Cal help you may be eligible for all at once through your county human services agency.
- General Assistance – Provides a small cash grant to very low-income adults without children.
- California EITC tax credits – You can get free help filing taxes every year. If you are very low-income, and you file your taxes, you can get a tax credit, or refund. This means that, instead of paying taxes, you get money back. The amount of these refunds can be many thousands of dollars.
- Clipper START – Discounted BART, MUNI and AC Transit passes for low-income riders.
Local Resources & Updates
Local Health Departments' COVID-19 Pages
Local School District Covid-19 Dashboards
Contra Costa County
If you’re impacted by the crisis due to your immigration status, please see the Legal Aid at Work website for more information on how to get help.